MISSION STATEMENT: The purpose of our Ministry is to extend warm greetings to our church family and visitors each Sunday morning during the service. This is done through personal expressions of Christian warmth and “The Welcome Song”.
BRIEF HISTORY: The Welcome Ministry was officially established November 28, 1992, under the leadership of Reverend Leroy Payton. In 2003, on the recommendation of Pastor Jerry Bryant, we extended our role to include “Greeting”, visitors as they enter the Church on Sunday mornings.
CHAIRMAN OR PRESIDENT: Sister Carolyn Corbin
- Sister Pinkie Fullilove- Vice President/ Historian/Correspondence Secretary
- Sister Grace Adams Robinson- Secretary
- Sister Diane Smith- Treasurer
- Deaconess Mary Greene – Parliamentarian
- Sister Nikita Barboza
- Pala Woods
MEETING DATES AND TIMES: The Welcome Ministry meets monthly on the third Saturday at 10:00am in the church dining hall.
ACTIVITIES OR EVENTS SPONSORED:
- The annual “New Member Fellowship and Dinner in March
- Recognition of Senior Citizens in December
- Recognition of Pastor and First Lady for special occasions
- The annual Vacation Bible School Cookout
- The Christmas Fellowship Dinner in December
- Recognition of Graduating Seniors in June
- Help other church auxiliaries with events, as needed
Sister Carolyn Corbin
Sister Pinkie Fullilove